Practical strategies for student engagement and connection
Top 7 Ideas from the Podcast
- Simple Phrases for Classroom Management A set of simple phrases to manage classroom dynamics effectively.
- Restorative Teaching Emphasizing self-management and relationship restoration in teaching using practical strategies for student engagement.
- Promoting Student Self-Regulation Strategies to develop self-regulation in students.
- Developing a Strong Teacher-Student Connection: Building trust and connection as a foundation for effective teaching.
- Incorporating Love Languages in the Classroom: Using love languages to create a sense of connection and understanding.
- Understanding and Utilizing the Safety Stool Concept: A tool to assess and address student needs based on neuroscience principles.
- Preparation for Transition and Change: Strategies to help students cope with changes and transitions.
5 Highlights with Practical Strategies for Student Engagement
- “Positive behaviour management skills bring joy back to teaching
- “We need to build up those connections before we can ask anything of the student
- “Understanding students’ love languages can create strong bonds.”
- “The safety stool concept helps in understanding the internal and external factors affecting students.
LINK TO BERNIE GOODWIN WEBSITE