The Mindful Magician and the Trip to Feelings Town Tips and Tricks to Help the Youngest Readers Regulate their Emotions
Empower children with self-regulation strategies for emotions and sensory experiences through interactive storytelling. Learn, adapt and conquer with the Mindful Magician.
46 in stock
Empower children with self-regulation strategies for emotions and sensory experiences through interactive storytelling. Learn, adapt and conquer with the Mindful Magician. Some of the ideas covered in this book:
- The concept of "Feelings Town" can be used as a metaphor to help children visualize and understand their emotions.
- The idea of the "Mindful Magician" can serve as a tool for teaching kids about mindfulness and self-regulation techniques. This character can be used to model these techniques.
- The book offers different strategies for dealing with strong emotions and sensory experiences. Teachers and carers can use these strategies to help children manage their emotions.
- The notion of "zapping" feelings away implies that emotions can be managed and controlled, reinforcing the importance of emotional self-regulation.
- The book normalizes struggling with emotions and sensory experiences, which can help teachers and carers convey to children that it's okay to have strong feelings and struggle with them.
- The interactivity of the story can be utilized as an engaging way to teach these strategies and keep children involved in their learning process.
- The book offers guidance for adults, providing valuable insight and tips for teachers and carers to effectively help children with their emotional and sensory regulation.
- The idea of using learnt "powers" anytime one experiences strong feelings reinforces the fact that these are life skills that can be employed in various scenarios and throughout life.
- It emphasizes the understanding of interoceptive senses, which can help children become more aware of their internal sensations like hunger, giving teachers and carers another angle to address emotional regulation.
We are going to take a trip to a very special town called Feelings Town. In this town there are kids who need our help because they are having different super-strong feelings. Do you ever feel angry, sad or worried, get startled by big sounds, or not realise how hungry you are? Don't worry, the Mindful Magician is here to help! In this book you'll learn fun tricks that will ZAP those feelings away. If we use them the right way, we can save the day for kids who need our help! And the best bit is once you've learned those powers, you will be able to use them yourself anytime you feel those feelings! This illustrated picture book shows children aged 5+ different self-regulation strategies for dealing with strong emotions and overwhelming sensory experiences, and how to understand interoceptive senses. The interactive story normalises struggling with tricky emotions and senses while offering a helping hand dealing with them, and there is further guidance for adults at the end of the story and advice on other self-regulation strategies.