Many of you would have heard me say ‘It takes a community to raise a child with ASD’. It is the support from home, school and the wider community that can truly make a difference – and make it a success. I strongly believe that UNDERSTANDING is a key element of this. In this Newsletter I have included a range of tips, information and resources to help you support the children you know with autism spectrum disorder:
- Using fidget tools and how to introduce to whole class, family, etc.
- Increasing and supporting communication.
- How and why to use visuals.
- 17 tips to develop a good relationship between home and school.
- Using social scripts to help understanding of social rules and situations.
Contents of Newsletter 13 pages
- Understanding Sensory 2
- Using Breaks as a Tool 3
- Five Key Steps to Developing Self-Calming Strategies 3
- Great Resources for Sensory 4
- Using Communication Temptations to Motivate Communication 5
- NEW Online Learning 9
- How and Why to Use Visuals 10 Developing a Good Relationship Between Home and School 11
- Using Social Scripts 12
- Upcoming Workshops 13