Thank you for registering for the Sydney (Sutherland)
Here is a summary of the information for the workshop which you can bookmark and come back to later if you need to.
Friday 25th May 2018
Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders
Teaching Strategies and Behaviour Support
with Sue Larkey
Teaching Strategies for School & Home
• What is Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Autism learning style
• Key teaching strategies from pre- school to secondary
• Classroom strategies • Promoting understanding in peers
• How to motivate and use special interests
• Visual strategies
• Social skills
• Teaching play
• Strategies for playgrounds
Behaviour Support for School & Home
• What are ASD behaviours?
• Preparing child and staff
• Common playground issues
• Transition strategies for school (preschool, primary and secondary) and home
• Repetitive and obsessive behaviours
• Sensory issues
NESA Accreditation (5 hours)
Completing “Understanding ASD – Teaching Strategies and Behaviour Support Course” will contribute 5 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 1.2.2, 1.4.2, 1.5.2, 1.6.2, 2.6.2, 3.3.2, 3.4.2, 4.1.2, 4.3.2, 6.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Bonus: Once you have attended this session you can email questions straight to Sue.
Where and When
Friday 25 May 2018
Tradies Event Centre
57 Manchester Road
NORTH GYMEA NSW