Thank you for registering for the Newcastle Workshop
Friday 9th August 2019
Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders
Teaching Strategies and Behaviour Support
with Sue Larkey
Teaching Strategies for School & Home
• What is Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Autism learning style
• Key teaching strategies from pre- school to secondary
• Classroom strategies • Promoting understanding in peers
• How to motivate and use special interests
• Visual strategies
• Social skills
• Teaching play
• Strategies for playgrounds
Behaviour Support for School & Home
• What are ASD behaviours?
• Preparing child and staff
• Common playground issues
• Transition strategies for school (preschool, primary and secondary) and home
• Repetitive and obsessive behaviours
• Sensory issues
Who should attend?
Teachers, Teacher Assistants, Early Childhood Educators, Parents, family members, care staff, educators, clinicians—anyone wanting to understand more about Autism Spectrum Disorder and how to support children and adults with an ASD.
NESA Accreditation (5 hours)
Completing “Understanding ASD – Teaching Strategies and Behaviour Support Course” will contribute 5 hours of NESA Registered PD addressing 1.2.2, 1.4.2, 1.5.2, 1.6.2, 2.6.2, 3.3.2, 3.4.2, 4.1.2, 4.3.2, 6.4.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
Bonus: Once you have attended this session you can email questions straight to Sue.
Come and join Sue for a fun, fast moving and exciting day. Register now
Where and When
9.30am to 3.00pm (Doors open 9am)
per person before 6th August 2019
FULL FEE $195
per person after 6th August 2019
Registration essential, limited places available!