Thank you for registering for the Adelaide (Morphettville)
Friday 23rd March 2018
Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders
Teaching Strategies and Behaviour Support
with Sue Larkey
Teaching Strategies for School & Home
• What is Autism Spectrum Disorder
• Autism learning style
• Key teaching strategies from pre- school to secondary
• Classroom strategies • Promoting understanding in peers
• How to motivate and use special interests
• Visual strategies
• Social skills
• Teaching play
• Strategies for playgrounds
Behaviour Support for School & Home
• What are ASD behaviours?
• Preparing child and staff
• Common playground issues
• Transition strategies for school (preschool, primary and secondary) and home
• Repetitive and obsessive behaviours
• Sensory issues
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Teachers, Teacher Assistants, Early Childhood Educators, Parents, family members, care staff, educators, clinicians—anyone wanting to understand more about Autism Spectrum Disorder and how to support children and adults with an ASD.
Accredited Professional Learning (5 hours)
Suitable for SA Annual Professional Learning Requirements.
The following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers at the level of Proficient Teacher 1.2.2, 1.4.2, 1.5.2, 1.6.2, 2.6.2, 3.3.2, 3.4.2, 4.1.2, 4.3.2, 6.4.2 for the course “Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders – Teaching Strategis and Behaviour Support” presented by Sue Larkey.
Bonus: Once you have attended this session you can email questions straight to Sue.
Where and When
Friday 23rd Mar 2018
79 Morphett Road