Secret Girls’ Business | by Heather Anderson, Fay Angelo and Rose Stewart | code B:86 |
This title is a bestselling sex education book in Australia with over 30,000 books sold. An increasing number of girls are beginning puberty as early as 8 years of age. This puberty resource will enable girls and the important adults in their lives to make this transition with joy and pride. Secret Girls’ Business supports sexuality education. Secret Girls’ Business is a suitable puberty resource for use as class sets of sex education books in schools. This puberty education book provides accurate information in a colourful, child friendly format. It aims to:
- Present a simple account of puberty as part of a girl’s life journey.
- Provide helpful information to prepare girls for their period
- Provide practical advice for managing periods, including the use of pads and tampons.
- Celebrate changes to the female body.
- Promote comfortable discussion.
- Enhance confidence and self esteem of young girls.
- Provide hints for parents, teachers and carers, with special hints for dads.
Although this book is not specifically a disability puberty book, the simple text and illustrations make it appropriate for some girls and young women with special needs.